Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Airport

Days at the airport/flying are full of time to just sit around and wait. Although I preoccupy myself with reading, music, and watching movies on my iPod, I think it's also a wonderful opportunity to draw :) I started sketching a binocular machine [below]
and as I was finishing up a man came over and said "that looks so real I want to put a quarter in it!" and he asked me some questions about going to school for art and whatnot, then he said I should draw he and his wife. At first I hesitated, I never am sure what people will think of my rendering. As they went back to their business though, I decided I might as well go for it.
When I finished I gave the sketch to the couple and introduced myself further, and found out their names are Bill and Jean. I hope they liked the sketch, and that it is a fun airport encounter they can speak of and remember :)
[above] Bill and Jean with their portrait.
While waiting to board this plane in Laguardia, I whipped out a quick inaccurate sketch to document :P
And finally my single servings.

1 comment:

  1. this is great stuff lace. much like your comment on the spider photo about insignificant things...these too are seemingly trivial; your snacks, one of hundreds of planes, two of a thousand strangers. now, thanks to you taking notice, taking time to draw or photograph, and publishing to the world, there is something added to their existence.

    ReplyDelete