Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Muse :)

I was very happy to be able to sketch one of my favorite faces today :) I've drawn Dan several times, including for one of my all time favorite pieces [below] I supremely enjoy his bone structure and eyes/brows and well...face [I decided to sum it up after just listing every feature possible] so I am quite lucky that he is nice enough to pose for me while I discard page after page of inadequate sketches, until I am finally satisfied. So a huge thank you to him :) As I mentioned in an earlier blog post I have planned a series of paintings based on portrait work. One piece in particular will be painted based on a sketch of Dan from today [below]
Piece from 2009, sketched in pen then compiled and colored using Adobe Photoshop.

This is the image I'll be using for my painting, I'm quite happy with it.
Another sketch from today that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment