I finally sewed a couple of dresses I've been excited for :) I cannot describe with enough enthusiasm, how much I adore the veggie material. It even has hand painted buttons to match.

I bought both dresses [well one was a skirt] at a thrift store at different times, and they have desperately been waiting for alterations. The veggie dress was a little matronly at it's length and needed to be taken in at the waist. The safari paisley [how else do I describe it?] was a long skirt but I wanted to turn it into a little dress instead. [before pics: below]

I am quite happy with the results [below] but both were extremely simple alterations, so I felt almost as though I was cheating by only creating them for the day. In order to compensate for that, I had to make them even more special with some doodle scenery :) [click to enlarge]


I wish I really could live inside a doodle land. It would be far more exciting. Especially if I got to wear cute renovated dresses every day :)
i really really really want to know how you did that photo trick with the coloring page background. please tell me so i can use it with children and delight them as much as these photos delighted me!
ReplyDeleteI drew and colored the backgrounds + animals + grasses/gardens + watering can then scanned them into photoshop. I took photos of myself and used photoshop to take out the background [I just stood against a white wall so it was simple] then I pasted myself into the scenery, and then added the accessory things. I think that's an awesome idea to do for your students! :) I don't know how often you use photoshop, but I can help if you need me to :) I'm glad you liked these!
ReplyDelete